Daylite is a productivity suite specifically built for small businesses and private users. The application lets you manage your projects and all your contact information and data.
Daylite streamlines your work process, in that it's easy to create all elements to a project and manage them. You can easily import and sync all your contact info from iCal and Address Book and create elements like tasks, appointments, notes, projects and even add opportunities for businesses.
The interface is built so that you always have an eye on your calendars, contacts and projects. Even so, the search function is very efficient at finding anything. First time users will like to find a wide range of sample data with which to get an idea of how the application works.
We would have like to see integration with more online productivity services, as many small businesses rely on these every day. We also found the application to freeze up all too frequently when loading data. It also tended to make Apple Mail a little unstable.
Although it can freeze up when loading data, Daylite is a streamlined all-in-one productivity suite.
- New features
- Added numerous print layouts.
- Added Comments to the Create Estimate window.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where sync would pause or slow down significantly when processing changes.
- When creating activities for a pipeline stage, a prompt now appears asking for a target end date when appropriate instead of crashing.
- Fixed an issue where a pipeline stage activity set was always created when the option to create was unchecked.
- Making font/format changes when in an edit card no longer causes the app to crash (has no effect).
- Removed the "Add new Tasks to Inbox" option from the Default Values preference pane as it is no longer required.
- Blue focus ring no longer shows up in edit cards for date fields in Mountain Lion.
- Add remote server sheet now times out if an unreachable address is entered.
- Importing vCards with contacts that all have the same company no longer creates duplicate companies.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was not on the task title field when making a new linked task.
- Correct labels are exported when exporting objects through vCards.
- Exported vCards from Daylite no longer lose internationalization.
- Imports additional fields which were previously missing when importing vCards.
- Fixed a bug where export dialogues would appear when creating an appointment after having completed a calendar export.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when trying to assign a task or appointment to an objective that does not exist.
- Fixed an issue with trying to repeat the last stage of a pipeline.
- Fixed a crash when trying to show an appointment occurrence by clicking "More" in the Notification popover.
- Fixed a crash that would occur after importing a .ics file containing tasks.
- Fixed an offline sync issue that would stop changes from transferring.
- Fixed issue with assigning a task to the Worklist in the multi-column list mode using the pin button.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while changing an existing data field to primary when the respective column was visible in the multi-column view.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to link objects.
- Made changes to prevent a possible crash when using the Calendar Sharing preference pane.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using the owner contextual menu on a token while in Edit mode.
- Fixed an issue that would occur when accessing preferences while the Daylite window was closed or minimized.
- Fixed an issue where a default reminder would be created when none were defined in the Notification Preferences.
- Improved the order in which some notifications would appear in the Notification popover.
- Fixed an issue where Terms would not show up in a custom estimate.
- When delegating a private object, the user being delegated to is now automatically included in the read and write permissions.
- Terms button is no longer disabled when there are no line items selected.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when creating estimates or viewing report/print layouts caused by a bug in Apple's PDF support in OS X 10.7.4.
- Fixed a possible crash when ICS subscriptions with certain URLs update.
- Fixed an issue where Daylite would hang if an error was encountered while trying to create a local copy.
- New task and task slide over card expanded state are now stored per-user rather than globally.
- More information is shown when displaying the file attachments in the activity view row.
- Fixed an issue which prevented a user to choose a Form and Field to map data to when using the Delimited Data Importer.
- Improved processing of reminders that could otherwise cause performance degradation.
- Fixed an issue where reminders for completed tasks would still fire.
- Fixed an issue where the sub-task of a sub-task would not appear in the Not Done list.
- Fixed an issue where print layouts added would not appear when printing.
- Changed the way report script errors are reported in the Console. Now they are more verbose showing the potential location of the error.